Here’s the problem: You want to show up on page 1 of google for particular keywords, but these keywords are already taken by large websites that you will likely never outrank with your smaller blog.
The solution: Make a YouTube Video using the keywords to show up on page 1 of google as a video:)
I wrote an article on the YPN Lounge Blog with a better overview, this article has more detailed instructions.
Here’s the scene, I’m driving in my car home, after showing homes and my phone rings. I look at the number and it’s an out of state number. Not atypical, I get calls from homeowners wanting to move to the Phoenix area pretty regularly. I have blog posts on Moving to Phoenix, Move to Chandler and Move to Scottsdale.
The sales call basically gives me the idea to use “New Homes in Chandler AZ” as my next keywords for my blog post.
So here’s what I did:
- I googled “new homes in chandler az” to see who was on page 1 of google. They were all big companies, mostly home builders. So my initial thought was, I can’t beat out these big websites with a blog post.
- No Video?? I noticed there were no youtube posts that popped up. Google loves to add youtube videos to the first page of google. Google owns youtube and if there are applicable videos (they have to include the keywords), they will be on page 1 of google. You can see this from the photo above, no youtube videos are showing in the search results.
- I decided to make a video for the topic! First, I was a little stumped there are tons of new homes in Chandler, how will I make a video of all the new homes? The list of homes for sale would be huge. Here’s the video I made: Now this is not the world’s best video, by any means. The GOAL is to have folks see it and click through to the blog post on my site:)
- I looked up the keyword volume on google adwords. The best long tail keywords were “new homes in Chandler AZ”. At first I thought “new homes Chandler AZ” would have the highest search volume, but it didn’t.
- At first this made me worried because how on earth would I make a list of all the new homes in Chandler AZ? My choice was to make a “Must Know” video about buying a new home in Chandler AZ. I even inserted this warning image.
- I made the presentation in my google drive, just inserted some photos and text.
- My plan was to record me talking while I flip through the presentation. I thought about adding music, which is what I do in my Genius Home Videos, but this topic is very important, I thought I should talk, even though I don’t love my voice in videos. I tend to get a little overly excited.
- Lastly, I wrote a blog with the same information, this way on youtube I link to the blog post, which drives more potential clients to my website. At my website, the potential client can get valuable information on homes in Chandler and learn more about me. Here’s the blog post: http://securerealestatephoenix.com/uncategorized/new-homes-in-chandler-az-what-you-must-know/
My next goal is to have a video made for this topic as a white board video. You know those videos that look like someone is writing on a whiteboard and have an amazing narrator. I’m planning to do this on Fiverr.com, it will cost more than $5, but will be well worth it.
I hope you can use this information to propel your blogging and online efforts. For more details on this process, head to charlieallred.com.
As always, I hope you are succeeding.